WEST BUCKTOWN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
The WBNA is a non-profit organization serving the Chicago community bounded by West of Western, East of California, North of North, and South of Armitage - with The 606 running through the middle.
Membership in the WBNA is open to all residents and businesses and gives you access to the “inside scoop,” including, email alerts, social media updates, notifications on safety, zoning, and community initiatives. WBNA also acts as a liaison for open communication between the community and our local police district and our Alderman’s office.
Annual dues are a nominal $30 per household, or $50 for businesses and organizations, and 100% of the money gets funneled back into West Bucktown. Funds help to facilitate community events including our Post Holiday Party, Easter Egg Hunt, Block Party, local parks, schools and more.
- The 606, Chicago's renowned elevated trail, runs across the neighborhood with three access points at California, Rockwell, and Western
- Lucy Flower and Maplewood, our two recently renovated parks
- Historic Humboldt Park, at our Southwest Corner
- Western Blue Line to O'Hare or Downtown, at our Northeast Corner
- Diverse, social and active neighbors coming together casually, and for a variety of events throughout the year
- Emerging Businesses along Armitage, MIlwaukee, Western, North Avenue and the interior.
- Day Cares, Preschools, Elementary School and even a College!
The West Bucktown Neighborhood Association is a catalyst for positive change in our community. Our mission is to energize, mobilize, and galvanize residents to take action. From the greening of the neighborhood, to reducing crime, to connecting residents with each other and the City of Chicago, we proactively seek out initiatives that promise to build a sense of community, beautify our surroundings, and instill pride in our wonderful urban neighborhood. Together we’re working to create a safe, welcoming, and respectful community – and we're turning neighbors into friends in the process!
GET THE PICTURE
Even with all of the work we do in West Bucktown, we somehow manage to have a whole lot of fun in the process! See for yourself in the slideshow below!